- Undergraduate, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Doctor of Medicine, University of South Florida
- Internship, Straight Surgery, University of Florida
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Diplomate, American College of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
- Lee County Medical Society
- Cape Coral Hospital
- Gulf Coast Medical Center
- Lee Memorial Hospital
- Lehigh Regional Medical Center
- Joint Replacement/Resurfacing of the Hip, Knee, and Shoulder
- Minimally Invasive Total Joint Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair and Stabilization Procedures for the Shoulder
- Fracture Management and Care
- Hand Surgery
- General Orthopedics
- Sports Medicine
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy
Dr. John Kagan has more than 29 years of experience in Sports Medicine and Adult Reconstructive Surgery. He has extensive training in the latest, most cutting-edge surgical techniques for orthopedics, such as minimally invasive hip and knee surgery, computer assisted surgery, hip resurfacing, oxford uni compartmental knee resurfacing, and shoulder humeral head resurfacing. Dr. Kagan has had vast experience with arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder and routinely performs arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic stabilization surgery, and arthroscopic ligament reconstruction surgery. He is also skilled and experienced in standard knee and shoulder arthroscopic techniques.
As a former all-American swimmer, Dr. Kagan also enjoys providing valuable medical care to professional and school-age athletes in the community.
Dr. Kagan earned a full scholarship in 1970 to the University of Alabama, where he was the Jimmy Moore Memorial Scholar Athlete Recipient prior to attending medical school at the University of South Florida in Tampa. He completed a surgical internship at the University of Florida and an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Kagan returned to Fort Myers in December 1980 to begin private practice.
He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.