This course is an introduction into long range shooting. Shooters should expect to shoot out to 1000 yards and learn the processes for data collection. The topic covered in this class is the use and type of equipment. The type of ballistics, chronographing your ammunition with your rifle, building an accurate range card and basic wind reading. The students will also learn how to shoot from various positions from bipod shooting, prone, sling shooting and more.
Location: Tradecraft (31101 Nafi Dr Suite #2, Immokalee, FL 34142)
- Rifle (Either Bolt or Auto Loader)
- Caliber .223/ 5.56 – .30 /7.62 Rifle must be capable of producing one 3 shot group of MOA or less in size, if you have a caliber that doesn’t fall within these parameters please call.
- 200 round of Match grade ammo. (Max 2900 FPS velocity limit is to prevent damage to targets at close range)
- Scope cable of 1/2 MOA or Mil adjustments (mounted to rifle prior to beginning of instruction class )
- Rear shooting bag or sock
- Shooting mat or Blanket for comfort, keep it portable.
- Rifle case or drag bag
- Cleaning equipment, rod, lube tools for rifle or optics
- Seasonal appropriate Clothing long sleeve shirt, pants, shoes / boots (no sandals)
- Hat for sun and rain, we will be shooting in either
- Sun block
- Lunch, Snack and WATER (We will not be leaving range area for breaks or lunch)
- Hearing protection (Muffs preferred)
- Eye protection
Additional nice to have:
- Pen, paper (shooters log), calculator, kestrel, ballistic app, spotting scope, scope level (helps to avoid canting of rifle), gloves, ice cooler.
If you have any questions as to equipment or class, ASK!