With the basic foundation established in the prior period of instruction this one-day course will introduce the student art of the long-range shot. With the opportunity of shots to 1200 yards the student will be coached on ballistics, wind reading and range estimation. Also, to be covered are the understanding of atmospherics, the environmental effect on ballistics and the role equipment plays in making these target engagements.
Location: Tradecraft (31101 Nafi Dr Suite #2, Immokalee, FL 34142)
- Rifle (Either Bolt or Auto Loader)
- Caliber .223/ 5.56 – .30 /7.62 Rifle must be capable of producing one 3 shot group of MOA or less in size, if you have a caliber that doesn’t fall within these parameters please call.
- 200 round of Match grade ammo. (Max 2900 FPS velocity limit is to prevent damage to targets at close range)
- Scope cable of 1/2 MOA or Mil adjustments (mounted to rifle prior to beginning of instruction class )
- Rear shooting bag or sock
- Shooting mat or Blanket for comfort, keep it portable.
- Rifle case or drag bag
- Cleaning equipment, rod, lube tools for rifle or optics
- Seasonal appropriate Clothing long sleeve shirt, pants, shoes / boots (no sandals)
- Hat for sun and rain, we will be shooting in either
- Sun block
- Lunch, Snack and WATER (We will not be leaving range area for breaks or lunch)
- Hearing protection (Muffs preferred)
- Eye protection
Additional nice to have:
- Pen, paper (shooters log), calculator, kestrel, ballistic app, spotting scope, scope level (helps to avoid canting of rifle), gloves, ice cooler.
If you have any questions as to equipment or class, ASK!