Students will work with the system hitting static targets from various positions. Establish repeatable shooting positions and learn to handle their weapon system under field like conditions while managing their weapons system and ammo. Movement and transition drills may be included. Also, to be covered is gear selection and maintenance of the system. The course will offer a chance to obtain a zero while discussing the advantages and disadvantages of various zero distances. Fundamentals of loading, reloads and safe operations will be stressed.
- Caliber .223/ 5.56 – .30 /7.62 Rifle
- Sights: Red dot, or LVPO (low variable power optics), with back up sights.
- 350 rounds of ammo (no armor piercing, incendiary or tracer ammunition).
- Minimum 3 functioning magazines, more is better. Equipment to carry mags (not your pockets)
- Pistol, with holster, 3 mags and magazine carrier.
- 200 rounds for pistol
- Sling, single or two-point
- Rifle case
- Cleaning equipment, rod, lube tools for rifle
- Seasonal appropriate Clothing long sleeve shirt, pants, shoes/boots (no sandals)
- Hat for sun and rain, we will be shooting in either
- Lunch, Snack, and WATER (We will not be leaving range area for breaks or lunch)
- Hearing protection (electronic preferred)
- Eye protection
Additional Nice To Have:
- Pen, paper, elbow/knee pads, gloves, shemagh, dump pouch, ice cooler.
If you have any questions as to equipment or class, ASK!
Served 30 years in California Law enforcement, with assignments in Field Training, Patrol Rifle Specialist, Gangs, Covert Investigations, Intelligence and the Bay Area Regional Terrorism Task Force as a TLO. He was a member of the Bureau of Investigation, Surveillance and Apprehension Detail. He concurrently served in the U.S. Army, for over 25 years, on both active and reserve status. He retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 3, whose duties included Sniper Team Leader, Criminal Terrorism Investigator (CITF), Protective Service Detail for the Secretary of Defense and Firearms Instructor. He worked as a DoD Contractor in the Middle East, training Police Counter-terrorism Units. His deployments include Panama, Columbia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait .