February 5, 2020
08:00 to 16:00
Concealed Carry Advanced Fundamentals is designed to inform and challenge experienced shooters. *
This 8 hour 350 round format increases safety, efficiency, speed, and accuracy from concealment as a solo self responder working proactively or reactively in confined and crowded public spaces.
Delivered at a “relaxed intensity” pace absent of classroom downtime, content begins with UTM Force on Force isolation drills that stack numerous skill sets including: NSR, track & assess, scan & assess, advanced safety, and both proactive and reactive crowd work.
After a brief live fire diagnostic in-test, live fire content begins with developing subconscious higher level Manipulation skills for efficiency and reliability, and progresses to developing higher level Marksmanship skills for accuracy and speed. Emphasis on proper body mechanics, ergonomics, eliminating inefficient movement, and working in crowds.
Concealed Carry Advanced Fundamentals is a “square range” bridge to Force on Force scenario based training by building manipulation and marksmanship skills to the subconscious level. In doing so, during Force on Force or a real fight we are not having to break our subconscious for manipulation and marksmanship, instead focusing 100% of our conscious bandwidth on problem solving.
About the instructor
Owner, EDC Pistol Training LLC
Lead Instructor for live-fire courses, co-instructor for Force on Force and Care Under Fire.
Providing a Civilian EDC perspective, Karim is a dedicated student of 29 years, including the last 23 as a certified instructor. For details, please click HERE.
Student Equipment List
- 350 rounds quality FMJ or JHP ammunition (9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .357 Sig, or .380 Auto)
- Use only your actual every day concealed carry kit (pistol, magazine(s), belt, holster, mag carrier) and casual wear
- No SERPA, Nylon, Hybrid, or minimalist trigger guard holsters
- Ballistic rated eye protection (MIL SPEC 32432 & ANSI Z87.1)
- Electronic ear protection
- Thick long sleeve sweatshirt and gloves
- Light lunch, snacks, and minimum 1 gallon of fluid
- Personal first aid kit, notepad and pen
* Examples of an experienced shooter well suited for this course. Any ONE will suffice.
- Routinely competes in USPSA, IPSC, IDPA, or local outlaw matches.
- Has already completed several professional pistol fighting courses.
- Has already been vetted by Shoot Center as being able to safely rapid fire, draw from concealment, and shoot and move.