The basic carbine course offers an introduction to the AR / AK rifle platforms. The student will be introduced to nomenclature, operation and manipulation of the carbine platform. Also, to be covered is gear selection and maintenance of the system. Course will offer a chance to obtain a zero while discussing the advantages and disadvantages of various zero distances. Fundamentals of loading, reloads and safe operations will be stressed. Students will be instructed on the application of shooting positions, weapon transitions and shooting on the move. Training will be conducted on an outdoor range with engagements possible, from 15- 300 yards.
Location: Tradecraft (31101 Nafi Dr Suite #2, Immokalee, FL 34142)
- Caliber .223/ 5.56 – .30 /7.62 Rifle
- Sights: Red dot, or LVPO (low variable power optics), with back up sights.
- 350 rounds of ammo (no armor piercing, incendiary or tracer ammunition).
- Minimum 3 functioning magazines, more is better. Equipment to carry mags (not your pockets)
- Pistol, with holster, 3 mags and magazine carrier .
- 200 rounds for pistol
- Sling, single or two point
- Rifle case
- Cleaning equipment, rod, lube tools for rifle
- Seasonal appropriate Clothing long sleeve shirt, pants, shoes / boots (no sandals)
- Hat for sun and rain, we will be shooting in either
- Sun block
- Lunch, Snack and WATER (We will not be leaving range area for breaks or lunch)
- Hearing protection (electronic preferred)
- Eye protection
Additional Nice To Have:
- Pen, paper, elbow / knee pads, gloves, shemagh, dump pouch, ice cooler.
If you have any questions as to equipment or class, ASK!